Saturday 21 May 2011

Comedy And My Views.

What is Comedy?
The art of laughter?
The skill to make others laugh at yourself through words or actions?
Maybe, maybe not

Currently i am watching Lee Evans, the legend of comedy in my eyes, thats when i sat and thought, what is comedy?
Thats how i got the idea of this post, so enjoy.

Comedy can be misconstrued as a simple joke to make other people laugh, but it is not as simple as that, not in my eyes.
Jokes are funny yes, and are meant as, well, a joke, but it all depends on the subject of the joke.
Take Lee Evans for an example.
His jokes and acts are all about real life, not really offensive to people is it?
Then take "regular" people, who tell jokes to amuse there friends and family, but, most of the time these jokes (in my eyes) are pathetic.
Why use racism in jokes?
Why makes jokes about the dead who cannot defend themselves?
Why use disability, colour, origin and many more pathetic subjects to amuse other people and degrade others?
But i am not the maker of comedy, so i go back to my question, what is comedy?
Who knows?

My vies on comedy is to make a person or people laugh and smile while keeping it above the belt, i mean do not get me wrong, subjects such as sex and the like are acceptable to me, every one does it or has done it so its a subject we may all relate to, but accessing the world of racism and other subjects in order to degrade said people in order to make some one laugh, to me, is just disgusting, that is not comedy, that is sick.

But once again people may argue "if it makes them laugh then it is comedy right?"

Well yes, that is comedy, but this post is called "comedy and MY views" so do not start picking faults yes.

I will not lie, I myself have laughed at disgusting jokes, we all have, do not lie, but when you sit and think about it, most of said jokes are stereotypical and as such, false.

For example,
making a joke about (on the top of my head) Jews being greedy.
That is basically giving the Jewish Religion a bad name and so, the race (if you call it race?) itself.
(I'd like to stress i hate religion and the views it forces upon people)

Keeping this post short, comedy is being exploited and abused for a talentless branch of the talent tree, any one can make up or steal some jokes, add a stupid act and implement there own voices and call it a comedy act.

But once again, i do not know what comedy truly is, this is just one of those "I'm thinking and should blog this" type moments.

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment